If you care about endangered animals that are hunted for their parts, here’s something important you should keep in mind: make sure you scrub the GPS data on the images prior to sharing them online. Poachers have reportedly been turning to geotagged photos on social networks in order to find out where they can make their next kill.
A photograph that has recently been making the rounds on the Web shows a sign that has been put up at an undisclosed reserve. It reads:
Please be careful when sharing photos on social media. They can lead poachers to our rhino
Turn off geotag function and do not disclose where the photo was taken
Colorado/Colorado Springs area:
This man’s dog was just sold by his ex while he’s out on deployment. The dog is a male shiba inu named Baxter. He just found out, and is doing what he can to try and get his dog back. He does not know who his ex sold him to. If you live in the area or might have any information, please contact him through the information he provided on craigslist.
A cell undergoing mitosis!
Journey of Mitosis (Cell Reproduction):
1. Interphase: Period of growth and replication of DNA. (90% of cell’s life).
G1 Phase: Period of regular growth; mitochondria and chloroplasts multiply.
Synthesis: DNA is replicated (semi-conservative replication).
G2 Phase: Another period of growth in preparation of dividing.
2. Prophase: Nuclear membrane breaks down, DNA condenses, spindle fibers appear.
3. Metaphase: Chromosomes align and attached to spindle fibers.
4. Anaphase: Sister chromatids (DNA) are split apart to either pole of the cell by the pulling of spindle fibers.
5. Telophase: Nuclear membrane forms around DNA, chromosomes decondense, spindle fibers break down.
6. Cytokineses: Cytoplasm divides.
And the new cells start the cell cycle once more!
A quick and nifty brush up on mitosis.